The all new Mahindra Thar 2020, all set to blaze the new trails.
Price and Launch
Mahindra unveiled its most eagerly awaited legendary SUV on the occasion of India’s 74th Independence Day. Thar is known for its matchless off-road capabilities. With the reforming new changes compared to its first Gen predecessor the new Thar promises performance and comfort with the best of safety from Mahindra and new technology. The SUV is expected to launch on October 2nd with a price tag of ₹9.5 lakh to ₹13.5 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Mahindra will be offering six different colours for Thar. The Red Rage, Aquamarine and Rocky Beige are inherited from its predecessor and three new shades; Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, and Napoli Black.
- It will be available in three variants; AX, AX optional and LX.
- Both the variants have a fuel capacity of 57ltrs but the diesel engine is offering additional diesel exhaust fluid tank of 20ltrs.
- The second generation Thar will have both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol variant is powered with a 2.0ltr mStallion 130 TGDi turbocharged engine generating 150PS/320Nm while the BS6 diesel engine is powered with a 2.2-litre mHawk 130 engine which makes 130PS/320Nm.
- The 4×4 drivetrain is standard in both the engines.
- The engines come with a 6-speed transmission and 6-speed automatic transmission as an option.
- Thar comes with three roof options: A Hard Top, a first-in-class Convertible Top and an optional Soft Top.
- Halogen headlamps with LED DRLs.
- A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- Cruise control, steering-mounted controls, and a digital MID in the instrument cluster.
- New Safety Features: ABS + EBD, Dual airbags, ESP with rollover mitigation, Hill-hold and hill descent control, rear parking sensors and more.