Microsoft finally launched Surface Duo which was announced last October. No, it is not one of those trending foldable smartphones. There is a gap between them as clearly shown in the pictures. Netizens are already talking about the design whether the company got it right or not.
The smartphone comes with two 5’6″ screen with old fashioned bezels which seems quite backdated. We have already seen this type of concept on an LG smartphone. It comes with a 360-degree hinge so that you could easily fold the device at the back to use one screen when needed. The UI looks smart and specially designed for multitasking. Looks like they have designed the smartphone keeping productivity in mind unlike Galaxy Flip which has unique social media apps tailored for the foldable screen.
The smartphone comes with a starting price tag of $1,399/- and $1,599/- if you opt for a 256GB storage version which comes with a surface pen as well. This makes Surface Duo costlier than any other phone in the market.
Let’s take a look at the technical specification Surface Duo is offering.
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon
855 Mobile Platform optimized for the dual-screen experience.
- 6GB RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 3.0 storage option.
- All day battery life with 3,577mAh battery with 18W charging support.
- High-resolution PixelSense
Fusion AMOLED Displays
- The screen opens to 8’1″ inch at a ratio of 3:2 making it perfect for reading, streaming and staying productive.
- Comes with a Surface Slim Pen & Surface Earbuds at an additional cost.
- Come with a built in fingerprint reader for fast and secured access
- Instant connectivity with windows 10 PC to access everything on the phone.
- Low-light and HDR photo mode, portrait mode, adjustable depth control and superzoom up to 7x.
- 4K(30fps,60fps) and 1080p(30fps,60fps) Video recording with added Gyro-based digital video stabilization.
- Supports one eSIM and one nano SIM.
What’s in the box
- Surface Duo
- Bumper Case (Color: Glacier)
- USB-C® Power Supply (18w)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty and Compliance Guide
- SIM Ejector tool