Minecraft was launched for PC gamers to try out in 2019. It had a unique look and was called an alpha built but eventually would be perfected and updated with time as users gave feedback. The game was initially developed by the game developer Mojang Studios from Sweden. The game was particularly created by a man by the name of Markus Persson, also known as “Notch” Java programming language was used in order to structure it. The Mojang Company was later on sold to Microsoft for $2.5 billion in 2014.
The major reason for Minecraft being one of the best-selling games in history is because it being a Sandbox game. By January 2011, Minecraft surpassed 1 million purchases without any advertisement. It has sold 200 million copies and has over 126 million users as of 2020. The term ‘Sandbox’ itself is acquired from the nature of a sandbox that children generally use to play with to build or create anything that they want.
Very similarly, the game also allows you to break down resources that you find and then build structures, weapons, etc. Some resources are difficult to find. But exploration is also a key while you are always on the lookout for enemies such as zombies and creepers. The gameplay element is all the more engaging because it allows players a certain degree of creativity, also to complete tasks and reach goals. Minecraft has both the genres of sandbox and survival. There are five modes available in this game.
How many modes are there on Minecraft?
- Survival Mode in Minecraft requires you to survive by gathering basic resources from the surroundings as you move forward. Materials such as stones, wood, and blocks. The key to surviving is keeping a constant check of the health bar and not allowing it to drain. Attacks from mobs, drowning, starvation, suffocation, falling into lava are common happenings in the arena. Players are permitted the liberty to craft their own armors and shelters to defend themselves from monsters and animals.
Players can also prepare meals and trade emeralds with villagers and vice versa. Players gain experience points by defeating mobs, killing other players, mining, cooking, breeding animals, and smelting ores. Enchanting tools, weapons, and armor can be bought in exchange for ‘experience points.’ Items bought with these points have special effects, last longer, and, in general, are more powerful.
- Adventure Mode consists of user-crafted maps and adventures to venture. This is the most interesting of all the modes. Its highly customizable feature is what makes this mode fun and intriguing. The designer of the map gets to tell a story and create challenges. Tactics like a breadcrumbing trail can be followed, which is what it sounds like. Designers of a certain adventure map should use trails in order for their other players to not get lost on the map.
- Creative Mode has the permits access to nearly all the resources and items from the inventory menu. Players have the ability to fly around without taking any damage and worrying about getting affected by hunger. Players mostly choosing this mode to focus on creating and building.
- Hardcore Mode is very similar to the survival mode, only a little intimidating. It allows the player only one life. If you die in this particular mode, the player does not respawn. The number of creepers on this mode is more. This mode is only accessible within the Java version.
- Spectator Mode exactly does as it says; it allows you to spectate. A player can hover around the gameplay. They can follow the gameplay from a different perspective such, as another player or creature. Players do not have any means of entry into the inventory.
Platforms Minecraft is available on?
- Windows laptop/PC
- Android Mobile Phone
How to download Minecraft for free?
- Minecraft for Windows 10 aka Bedrock Edition
- Minecraft Java Edition supports cross-platform
- Minecraft on Phone
Minecraft for Windows 10 is available for the trial version, which allows you five in-game days. Purchase needs to be made in order to play the game further on. Follow the steps to download the trial version on your PC
- Open your browser on your PC
- Search ‘Minecraft free trial
- You could also opt for this link
- Click on the Windows icon,
- You will be redirected to Microsoft Store.
- Choose ‘Free Trial’
- Make sure to be login with your Microsoft ID.
- Install the game once the file is downloaded
The Java Edition for Minecraft is not available for free. There are two variants of this edition – Starter Collection and Master Collection. The main difference between the collection is that the Master collection extends 1000 Minecoins and a couple of skin packs, whereas the Starter collection comes with 700 Minecoins. Windows, macOS, and Linux are supported by this edition. This is how you download the version on your PC\Laptop.
You can visit https://www.minecraft.net
- Click on ‘Get Minecraft’
- Select Computer from the list of devices
- Choose the platform you want it on
- Select the edition
- Proceed with the payment
- Install once the payment is through
The phone version is easily available on the Play Store or App Store. The full version of the game remains paid. The full version allows you to avail all the modes.
- Open up your Google Play Store for Android or App Store for iOS.
- Go to the search bar and type ‘Minecraft,
- Make sure to check if the developer is Mojang.
- Purchase the game and install or simply install
- After payment is successful, the game shall install on your smartphone.
System requirements for Minecraft Windows10
The minimum system requirements for this edition of the Minecraft game are as follows:
- Windows 10 version 14393.0 or higher
- Intel Celeron J4105 | AMD FX-4100
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 | AMD Radeon R5
- 4GB RAM
- ARM, x64, and x86 architecture
System requirements for Minecraft Java Edition
The minimum system requirements for Minecraft Java Edition for PC are as follows:
- Windows, Linux, or macOS
- Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz/ AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge) or AMD Radeon R5 series (Kaveri line) with OpenGL 4.4*
- Nvidia GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4
- 4GB RAM
- 1GB storage
How much does the Minecraft full version cost?
- The Java Edition of Minecraft costs $26.95 (USD)
- The Windows10 version costs $26.99 (USD)
- Minecraft for your mobile devices cost $6.99 (USD)
- Xbox & Xbox 360 version costs $19.99 (USD)
- Nintendo Switch & 3ds version costs $29.99 (USD)
- PlayStation 4,3, and vita edition is for $19.99 (USD)
- PlayStation Vue version is for $29.99 (USD)
- Minecraft student edition has an $8 a month subscription plan
MINECRAFT EDUCATION VERSION
In 2011 Microsoft launched MinecraftEDU, a version of the game suitable for educational purposes. It was advised for children from the age of 8 years and above. It introduced us to the concept of TeacherGaming and started being used in schools all across the world. Initially, only educational professionals and institutes got access to this version.
This version allowed a large number of users (a class) to share the same account. In other words, the whole class got to be in the same Minecraft world, also allowing the teacher or caregiver to keep an eye on their pupil.
- It was known to have a better in-game map, also known as the Locator Map.
- Young learners also get the liberty of choosing whatever skins they like as they are already unlocked, unlike the Windows10 version or, as a matter of fact, any other version.
- There are features such as a camera in the inventory that allowed the pupils to capture their projects. The photos can then be saved and captioned on every student’s individual portfolio.
- There are things like chalkboards that are made of one or more blocks. One can use them to write messages.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE MINECRAFT EDUCATION VERSION
- Search for education.minecraft.net on your browser
- Click on ‘Download’
- Click on the window pop-up that says ‘Install.’
- Wait for it to finish installing.
- You will need to put in your sign-in credentials once the application is installed and launched.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Office account
- Successful login with lead you to the Minecraft Education Edition start screen
- In order to download Classroom Mode click on the ‘Download Classroom Mode’ or click on ‘Download Code Connection’ and press ‘Run.’
- Click on ‘Next’
- Select ‘Finish’ post download completion
IS MINECRAFT SAFE FOR KIDS?
The answer to this is yes. Minecraft is perfectly safe for children. It is innate for parents to be worried about children playing violent video games unsupervised. It is completely child-friendly in both visuals and gameplay.
There is no use of explicit graphics. While in combat with the monsters, there is only health depletion on the health bar. There are no visible injuries but instead depleting hearts that shows health damage. The monsters have a rather cute look than scary. The only close to ‘scary’ element in the game would be the stereotypical moans of zombies that creep in the night mode. In case that turns out to be disturbing, there is always the option of turning the volume down of the particular noise in the settings.
CAN MINECRAFT MAKE YOU SMARTER?
Minecraft as a game is tailor-made to test your problem-solving skills. It challenges to create something from nothing, and elements like creepers always keep you on your feet and cognizant. It allows you to create great things from the simplest of blocks. When you play with others as a team on Minecraft it allows you to share ideas and build on your teamwork. There is a free flow of ideas when things are done as a team. It improves your communication and cooperation skills as you work towards the same goal.
All of these skills help improve brain function and set you out for life. In fact, a study conducted in Glasgow city in 2017 states that playing Minecraft increases people’s communication, adaptability, and resourcefulness. The possession of all of these skills will technically make you a smarter person. There is no study on the increase of IQ, but playing Minecraft with your friends or family sure can increase the chances of you being more successful and outward towards life.
MINECRAFT FESTIVAL: MINECON
The first Festival was held in 2011 in Las Vegas. It was called the Minecon. However, the first event was held in 2010, known as the Minecraftcon. It was a celebration of the game organized by Mojang. Since then till 2021, it has been held every year, growing bigger and better with every year.
The only year it had to be canceled was in 2014 when it was announced to be held in Europe but was later on announced canceled through a vlog post. Today it’s a full Minecon convention. Every attendee got an exclusive Minecraft cape compatible with both Java and Bedrock editions. These capes have high value in the Minecraft OG community.
The event itself has staple phenomena that take place every year, such as the tournaments. There are surprise events every year at the festivals, which serve as a treat to the attendees.