Apple has unveiled the all new iPad Air. The design looks very similar to the iPad Pro. The company has made a radical design change compared to the previous generation of iPad Air. This 4th Gen iPad has thinner bezels all around the display. The iPad Air will be available from next month at a starting price of $599.
The new iPad Air comes in five different colours: Silver, Space Grey, Rose Gold, Green, and Sky Blue.
The company has incorporated an A14 Bionic SoC chip into this iPad. The latest chip gives better performance and is much power efficient. Air has a slightly larger screen of 10.9 inch as compared to the previous one. It has no physical button but it still has a finger print scanner integrated into the power / standby button.
Let’s take a look of iPad Air at a glance.
- A14 Bionic SoC powered.
- USB Type-C for data transfers at up to 5Gbps which is 10X faster.
- A 20W Type-C charger and cable are included in the box.
- Supports external storage and 4K monitor via type C port.
- Wi-Fi 6 and 60 percent faster LTE.
- Nano-SIM or eSIM (on cellular models) are also supported.
- Includes stereo speakers.
- 7-megapixel front-facing camera with 1080p video recording and better low-light performance, and 12-megapixel rear camera which records 4K 60fps and 240fps slow-mo.
- Supports the 2nd Gen Apple Pencil and has a magnetic connector to charge.
- Also works with Apple’s Magic Keyboard and third-party accessories featuring integrated trackpads.
The iPad Air will run on the latest iPadOS 14. This software will be also released for older iPad on September 16. Apple also announced the new Apple Watch Series 6 and Apple Watch SE, Apple One subscription bundle, and Apple Fitness+ exercise and training service which will be available by the end of this year.